TICKET LINK: HERE
PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 21 - 'Making Connections'
Welcome to our first PechaKucha of 2018! This time we're looking at the them of 'making connections' and have a variety of speakers all taking the PechaKucha challenge: 20 images, 20 seconds per image, no stopping. We'll hear about building bridges, mentoring, community engagement, beards, randomly distributed fiction and oxytocin. And we'll also be making origami frogs to race.
This time we have 10 speakers instead of eight. We're experimenting... Let us know what you think.
We'll be at the International Anthony Burgess Foundation, the centre celebrating the author of multiple works including A Clockwork Orange. We're really looking forward to presenting in their beautiful space!
- Christine Charnock - Senior User Experience Designer, BBC
- Ben Clark - Graphic Designer
- Fat Roland - Spoken Word Stand-up Artist
- Steve Clarkson - Writer and Founder of #FoundFiction
- Beth Taylor - Science Teacher
- Peter Jenkins - Architect Director, BDP
- Gillian Harrison - Senior Architect, Levitt Bernstein
- Jonathan Briggs - Owner and Designer, Field
- Chris Tomlin - Head of Storytelling, Buffalo 7
- Hamid Shahi - Founder, Unify Design Art
On the Night
The doors open at 19:00 and the talks start at 19:30. We'll have a beer break just after 20:15. The talks should be finished by 21:30 where you'll have a chance to mingle afterwards.
Thanks as ever to our paper sponsors, G . F Smith.
About the International Anthony Burgess Foundation
The International Anthony Burgess Foundation is an indecent educational charity that encourages public and scholarly interest in all aspects of the life and work of Anthony Burgess.
About PechaKucha Night Manchester
PechaKucha Night Manchester was relaunched in June 2016 by a new team after an eighteen month hiatus.
This is our sixth PechaKucha following a string of successful events. We are indebted to the support of Manchester’s creative scene coming along as speakers and audience members as well as our previous hosts, SpacePortX, Ziferblat, The Wonder Inn, Neo, the Rapha Clubhouse, PLANT and Texture. Most importantly, thank YOU for keeping us going!
PechaKucha Nights will continue take place every three months at venues across Manchester. Our mission is to feature a high calibre of creatives, designers, artists and community projects from the city and the North.
If you want to know more:
- Subscribe to the Manchester page on the PechaKucha website here:
- Sign up to the mailing list:
- Follow us on social media:
- Watch our previous talks: