Join us to celebrate 10 years of PechaKucha Buffalo!
6:30 pm: Doors Open (cash bar and DJ in the Sculpture Garden & AK Café, free gallery tours)
7:45 pm: Presentations Begin (auditorium)
PechaKucha Buffalo, in partnership with the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, is pleased to announce PechaKucha Buffalo: 10th Anniversary Edition. This special evening of fast-paced presentations by ten Western New York-based architects, designers and artists will begin at 6:30 pm on Thursday, September 15, 2016 in the Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s outdoor sculpture garden at 1285 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, NY.
Admission is $10.00 (general) or $5.00 (students with ID). Advance tickets are available at albrightknox.org. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door the evening of the event, on a first come, first served basis.
Admission includes optional guided tours of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s current exhibitions, DJ sets by Sherri Miller and Mario Fanone of ABCDJ and a cash bar in AK Café.
- Brian Carter, Professor, University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning
- Charles Davis, PhD, Assistant Professor of Architectural History and Criticism, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Joanna Gillespie, Independent Arts Consultant and Co-Organizer of PechaKucha Buffalo
- Matthew Hume, Architect
- Liminal Projects (Omar Khan, Principal, Associate Professor and Chair, University at Buffalo Department of Architecture and Laura Garófalo, Principal, Liminal Projects, Associate Professor, University at Buffalo Department of Architecture)
- Dana Mcknight, Founder, Arts & Performance Director, Dreamland
- Amy Ozay, Founder, Buffalo BookBike
- Jean-Michel Reed, Artist, Designer, Realtor and Retired Paramedic
- Dan Shanahan, Artistic Director and Co-Founder, Torn Space Theater; Assistant Professor, Daemen College
- Paul Vanouse, Professor of Art, Director of Coalesce Center for Biological Art, University at Buffalo