PechaKucha Night (PKN) Pensacola returns with six exciting community members that will combine their expertise and evocative images to explore the theme “Celebrate” through this fun and fast presentation style.
PKN will host Volume 11 on Jan. 6, 2018, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at First City Art Center─ 1060 N. Guillemard Street. The night is complete with live music and refreshments.
As a theme, “Celebrate” conjures up a myriad of ideas perfect for stimulating engaging conversations. Featured presenters include:
- Amber Carey, Pensacola State College (PSC) instructor of languages and Robinson Honors Program coordinator
- Christian Wagley, Gulf Restoration Network advocate and Slow Ride Pensacola coordinator
- Troy Moon, Pensacola News Journal feature reporter and columnist
- Josh Green, artist and co-organizer of Creative Circle
- Angie West-Robinson, executive director of the African American Heritage Society (AAHS)
- Andrew Barbero, Lyceum series director and PSC instructor of history and humanities
PKN will include several intermissions known as “beer breaks” sponsored by Emerald Republic Brewing Company. Coffee will also be provided by Open Books Bookstore. These breaks are designed to promote reflection of the presentations and conversation between spectators.