PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 22 - 'Magazines + Zines'
Welcome to our second PechaKucha of 2018! This time we're celebrating Manchester's awesome magazine zine scene with a variety of speakers all taking the PechaKucha challenge: 20 images, 20 seconds per image, no stopping.
We'll be at the Bright Building, a new space right in the middle of Manchester Science Park. It's our biggest space yet which means we can put on some exciting activities like zine-making with Tender Hands Press and live poster printing with Marc the Printers. We'll also be running a zine exhibition with Saffa Khan and a magazine stall with our friends at Rare Mags.
- Laura Boast - Founder of Design Giving magazine
- Eddy Rhead - Co-publisher of The Modernist magazine
- Zuzanna El Tanbouli - Founder of Silky Way magazine
- Jacob Critchley - Graphic designer and co-publisher of Rueville
- Lucy May Schofield and Hilary Judd - Artist and illustrator behind the relaunch of The Suffragette magazine
- Alec Dudson - Founder of Intern magazine
- Jess Howell and Jenna Campbell - Founders of NRTH LASS magazine
- Lisa Lorenz - NOUS magazine
- Fiona Finchett - Ditto magazine
- Plus one more to be announced...
On the Night
The doors open at 19:00 and the talks start at 19:30. We'll have a beer break just after 20:15. The talks should be finished by 21:30 where you'll have a chance to mingle afterwards.
We will be releasing tickets for the zine-making workshop separately a little closer to the event. It will be free, but there will be limited spaces.
During the night, you will be able to contribute to a poster which we will be live printing for distribution at the end of the evening!
You'll also be able to peruse Saffa Khan's zine collection and purchase some of the latest and greatest magazines from Rare Mags, so bring some extra cash.
Thanks as ever to our paper sponsors, G . F Smith.
About the Bright Building
The Bright Building is Manchester Science Park's newest, state-of-the-art workspace. It's designed to bring people together to connect, collaborate and share ideas. A perfect place for PechaKucha!
About PechaKucha Night Manchester
PechaKucha Night Manchester was relaunched in June 2016 by a new team after an eighteen month hiatus.
This is our ninth PechaKucha following a string of successful events. We are indebted to the support of Manchester’s creative scene coming along as speakers and audience members as well as our previous hosts, SpacePortX, Ziferblat, The Wonder Inn, Neo, the Rapha Clubhouse, PLANT, Texture and the International Anthony Burgess Foundation. Most importantly, thank YOU for keeping us going!
PechaKucha Nights will continue take place every three months at venues across Manchester. Our mission is to feature a high calibre of creatives, designers, artists and community projects from the city and the North.
If you want to know more:
- Subscribe to the Manchester page on the PechaKucha website here: http://www.pechakucha.org/cities/manchester
- Sign up to the mailing list: Mailing List
- Follow us on Twitter: Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook: Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram: Instagram
- Watch our previous talks: YouTube