Elizabeth Blasius instructs us to pour a drink and mourn the passing of historic preservation for buildings.
VIEW SIMILAR PRESENTATIONS
Designing for Historic Context
BY DAVID MAYO
@ VOL 14
ON OCT 16, 2014
David Mayo, architect at De Leon & Primmer Architecture Workshop, discusses the need to respect the characteristics of historic neighborhoods when designing projects and continue the story while being unapologetic to our place in history.
"Presentation of the Day" on February 18, 2015.
Creative Re-use of Historic and Industrial Buildings
BY SIMON DEVLIN
@ VOL 8
ON JAN 31, 2017
"There are some really unusual historic buildings out there that have been developed into quite interesting buildings."
Architect Simon Devlin talks about some of the more unusual historic buildings in the UK that have been converted and redeveloped for re-use in clever and profound ways that improve culture whilst retaining their iconic status and historical value.
This was "Presentation of the Day" on July 6th, 2017.
Achieving Sustainability by Adaptive Reuse
BY FREDERIC DALBIN
@ VOL 14
ON OCT 15, 2016
Projections show that 50% of architectural design in the next 20+ years and beyond will be for renovating and re-purposing existing buildings. This represents an historic opportunity for the architecture and building community to reverse the most significant crisis of modern time: energy depletion and environmental degradation. Fred Dalbin demonstrate approaches and practices for conservation and adaptive re-use of the existing built environment through projects completed by this firm.
When Are They Going To Put A Roof On That Thing?
BY MARK HEINZ
In 1933 Elizabeth (Betty) Wiley Dunlap and her family traveled from Knoxville, TN to visit the Chicago World’s Fair. What they experienced there inspired one of the first Modern Residences in Knoxville. Mark Heinz delves into the history surrounding this historic house and shares some the steps he is taking to make the house a home for his family.
Credit Union Base, different way of living
BY CHUNG CHIAO WANG
@ VOL 36
ON MAR 17, 2018
● (2017) The Reuse of Historic Buildings for “Credit Union Base” at Henchun
● (2016)The Design Patent for “Campsule”
● (2015) The Illustration Design and Patent for ” Esb-tw”
● (2014)The Device Art Show for National Taiwan Science Education Center
● (2014) The Sculpture at 182 Art Space in Tainan
● (2005) The Design Competition for Bus Shelter in Kaohsiung
● (2004)The Design Competitions in Taipei Philharmonic Orchestra Memorial Hall
● (2003)The Design Competition for Bus Stop in Taipei
● (2003) The Design Competition for Bus Stop in Taipei
● (2002)The E-mail Background Design Competition for Yahoo