NEXT EVENT VOL 33
It's the Season 9 Finale!
A shining line-up of all new speakers will each present 20 slides x 20 seconds on the theme of "Not."
Some speakers may choose to focus on what dreams did NOT happen in their lives, or which disaster did NOT befall them, or simply their appreciation for 90s Valley Girl lingo...NOT!
Only 300 seats are available for this one so get your tickets quick!
Please note: This is an 18+ event.
Introducing your Speakers (in no particular order):
- Cheri Macaulay - @cheriyyc - East Villager, advocate for all things community, outdoor dawdler, reforming perfectionist. Easily distracted by life's big questions and pondering some doozies these days.
- Chantal Chagnon - @Stormshadowsong - A Cree Ojibwe Métis Storyteller, Singer, Drummer, Artist, Educator, Workshop Facilitator, Social Justice Advocate and Activist striving to change the world for our future generations.
- Keith Murray - Keith Murray, is a transdisciplinary mystic queerdo: an internationally recognized artist, designer, writer, activist and facilitator leading the LGBTQ2+ affirming ministry at Hillhurst United Church.
- Viv Klingbeil - @viv_iam - Viv Klingbeil is an appreciative observer (and sharer) of all things nature, who has a healthy obsession with trail cameras. A mom & an accountant, she is happiest outside hiking, skiing, or gardening.
- David Krebes - David obtained his PhD from the University of Illinois at Chicago for work on the theory of knots. He also enjoys poetry, especially that of John Keats and John Masefield.
- Jager & Kokemor - Stephanie Jager and Britta Kokemor (Jager & Kokemor) are the only female photography duo based out of Calgary, Alberta. Artists / Entrepreneurs / Nature Lovers.
- Dan Duguay - @danthe1manband - Dan the One Man Band plays six instruments simultaneously and has performed throughout the world over the last 30 years.
- Dr Raj Bhardwaj - @RajBhardwajMD - Medical doctor, science communicator, nerd and soccer player / fan. He is CBC Western Canada's weekly syndicated Health & Medicine Columnist and host of the DDx podcast.
- Tami Hutchinson - Her work in communications in the Alberta Energy sector has given her a unique view on many of the headlines that reach the newspaper...and those that do not.
- Donovan Deschner - Most often a stand-up comedian, sometimes a producer, occasionally an app developer, always sharing photos of his corgi.
And we are proud to welcome back Rabbi Mark Glickman as our emcee for the evening!
In a culture where robots are everywhere -- whether as a toy, in an industrial setting, or as a movie villain -- it's good to have someone like DJ Sures, CEO, roboticist, and the visionary behind EZ-Robot. Watch as he shares his passion for robots, particularly the ones that are easy to control. (in English) More to see: http://www.ez-robot.com/default.aspx
MOST RECENT POST
Using the Format at Conferences
About the City's Organizers
DJ is a civic and arts advocate and a marketing and communications professional in Calgary, Alberta.
Co-founder of RocketHouse. Co-owner and Artistic Director of Breathe Parkour. So, let's go jump off pretty things and take pictures!
Writer, blogger, Metro columnist and Veronica Mars movie backer. Social, media, marketing, photos and travel are my jams.
Member of the Pecha Kucha Calgary Advisory Group. I am bridge builder - making it possible for strange or unlikely partners to work together; a connector – linking people to one another or to others to maximize outcomes; a convener - bringing people to together to learn and discuss about an issue or topic; a collaborator – partnering with people; an idea mover -taking a leap with new ideas or people; and community voice amplifier - finding and supporting people at the margins of a field or community.
A connoisseur of classic films and creativity and also an advocate of adventures and art.
Regular Contributor to the CBC Calgary Technology Column, CBC Calgary News at 6 Television Broadcast.