NEXT EVENT VOL 34
On set of Alberta Theatre Projects’ production of The Virgin Trial, our presenters will each speak to the theme of Trial: how being put to the test affected them, the outcomes of these experiences, and what they learned. In just 6 minutes and 40 seconds each, they will share their unique viewpoint on the central experience of being "put on trial."
Doors at 7:00 pm, Show starts at 7:30 pm.
- Patricia Koyich - SAIT Culinary School
- Haysam Kadri - Actor/director/producer currently performing in ATP's The Virgin Trial
- Margaret Fong - Psychiatric survivor and a holistic health junkie
- Adora Nwofor - Comedian, feminist and blacks rights activist
- Calvin D'Silva - Documentary filmmaker
- Claudia Bustos - U of C / previously with Beakerhead
- Raffi Minas - Theatre artist, came to Canada as refugee from Syria
- Ashley King - Inside Out Artistic Associate, legally blind
- Dr. Mahoney & Dr. Jenne - Cumming School of Medicine
Hosted by Dr. Raj Bhardwaj
Stay tuned for more speaker announcements.
In a culture where robots are everywhere -- whether as a toy, in an industrial setting, or as a movie villain -- it's good to have someone like DJ Sures, CEO, roboticist, and the visionary behind EZ-Robot. Watch as he shares his passion for robots, particularly the ones that are easy to control. (in English) More to see: http://www.ez-robot.com/default.aspx
MOST RECENT POST
Using the Format at Conferences
About the City's Organizers
DJ is a civic and arts advocate and a marketing and communications professional in Calgary, Alberta.
Co-founder of RocketHouse. Co-owner and Artistic Director of Breathe Parkour. So, let's go jump off pretty things and take pictures!
Writer, blogger, Metro columnist and Veronica Mars movie backer. Social, media, marketing, photos and travel are my jams.
Member of the Pecha Kucha Calgary Advisory Group. I am bridge builder - making it possible for strange or unlikely partners to work together; a connector – linking people to one another or to others to maximize outcomes; a convener - bringing people to together to learn and discuss about an issue or topic; a collaborator – partnering with people; an idea mover -taking a leap with new ideas or people; and community voice amplifier - finding and supporting people at the margins of a field or community.
A connoisseur of classic films and creativity and also an advocate of adventures and art.
Regular Contributor to the CBC Calgary Technology Column, CBC Calgary News at 6 Television Broadcast.