MAY 18, 2012
Orange County in the Middle of China, and a Storm Trooper Prepares for His PK Debut
Presentations The first of our two presentations today, "Inside Wood and Paint: The Heart of Making," comes from PKN Taos Vol. 3, and sees Patti Tronolone sharing her paintings and furniture pieces, linking the latter to her love of nature. The second presentation is Kotama Bouabane's "Chinese's Replication of Orange County" (PKN Toronto Vol. 15) in which he reveals a Beijing suburb that was made to look like Orange County in California. Posters We've got two new posters on our Tumblr blog today, one for this Sunday's PKN Lisbon Vol. 14 (above), and one for PKN Kumamoto Vol. 3, which is set for June 1. Photos We of course have a few new galleries to share with you today, but also a fantastic teaser video for the upcoming PKN Guimaraes Vol. 2, above (produced by Damnworks).
- PKN Los Angeles Vol. 30 [Los Angeles Forum for Architecture and Design]
- A few photos from PKN Bogota [Flickr]
- PKN Genoa Vol. 1 [Flickr]
- PKN Helena Vol. 1 [Flickr]
And we're not quite sure what the significance of the following photo is (from Flickr user Kalexandersen), but with the title "On stage for a PechaKucha," it felt natural to include it. Links A couple of PK-related links to keep you reading.
- "Yes, PechaKucha Can Make You a Better Presenter" [Manage Better Now]
- "Giving a Voice to Cleveland Creatives: Why Our City Needs PechaKucha" [Nicole Delamotte]
- "Taos 'creatives' to share ideas at PechaKucha Night 6" [The Taos News]
- "Developing a PechaKucha: Step One" [Creating Communication]
Calendar We covered in yesterday's post what you can expect from tonight in terms of events (5 PKNs), but for the weekend, Saturday (May 19) will see two Japanese series with new volumes, with PKN Kitakyushu Vol. 6 and PKN Nara Vol. 2. On Sunday (May 20), there's the aformentioned PKN Lisbon Vol. 14, as well as PKN Mendoza Vol. 4. For a peek at what next week has to offer, have a look at the full calendar.