The theme of the night is Maple. Maple: Icon? Symbol? Cipher? Leaf? The Maple stands for many things in Canada and we have assembled a line-up of ten Calgarians to share their interpretations on the set of Alberta Theatre Projects' production of 1979 by Michael Healey, a rowdy political satire and new Canadian play. Each speaker will present their thoughts using 20 images at 20 seconds a piece. Fast and fascinating, Calgary’s favorite speaker series returns to ATP's Martha Cohen Theatre.
Refreshments will be available pre-show, during the Beer Break, and post-show to facilitate conversations with other awesome Calgarians, so come early and stay late.
- Karla Sosa, Must Do Canada
- Lourdes Juan, Leftovers Foundation
- Boban Stojanović, Bucharest Pride organizers.
- Elizabeth Chorney-Booth, Writer, co-author of Best of Bridge.
- David Daley, Conservation adviser at the University of Calgary.
- Caitlynne Medrek, Actress.
- Alison Trollope, Communications and Investor Education at Alberta Securities Commission.
- Ashley Meller, Director of Marketing and Communications at Alberta Theatre Projects
- Adam Fox, Director of Programs, National Music Centre.
- Jeff D'Silva, Comedy Writer/Local Dad/former Conan intern.