- What file format should images be in?
You do not need to put your PK in a PowerPoint file! We assemble all the presenters' images into one file for the event.
- Where can I find images for my presentation?
You can use your own photos, stock photography, your own illustrations, and any images you have permission to use or that are in the public domain. Here's some good information about images and copyright. If you have any trouble locating images for your presentation, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help!
Contact us with any questions and we’ll be glad to help with your images.
Please number the files in the order they should appear in the presentation. In the case of more than one image per slide, simply name them 1a, 1b, 1c, etc. They are due two weeks before the event.
- I’m presenting and I am nervous. Help!
PKN audiences are open-minded, generous, and appreciative of your time and effort. Many of the people in our audience have presented in the past, so they know how you feel! Relax. You’re going to have a great time! Contact our PKN team for further resources and encouragement. We're happy to help!
- What do I need to do before the big event (besides prepare my presentation)?
Fill out the biographical information so the emcee can introduce you. (This will be sent in an email.)
Send your numbered images to PK coordinators two weeks before the event.
Tell us your presentation’s topic and title.
PKN starts at 6:30, but the doors open and the creative showcase begins at 6:00. If you are speaking, please arrive by 6:15.
- What kind of microphone is available?
A handheld mic is available, as well as a clip-on lapel microphone and a stand microphone at the lectern.
- What kind of podium/lectern is available?
We understand that this is being updated: TBD.
- What is the ticket price?
The Sanford Center, 1111 Event Center Dr NE, Bemidji, Minnesota. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
Creative Showcase starts at 6:00, PKN starts at 6:30
- I want to present! What do I need to do?
Email, Facebook message, or tweet at us! email@example.com, PKN Bemidji on Facebook, @pknBemidji on Twitter
- When are the PKNs in 2014?
February 20th, May 15th, September 18th, December 4th
- What topics can I present about?
There are only two things not allowed: You may not sell a product or service, and you may not attempt to persuade the audience regarding your political or philosophical leanings. Everything else is allowed. Please keep in mind that the audience is our entire community—all ages and backgrounds--so your content should be family-friendly.
- I have a friend who would be amazing at this event. What should I tell them?
PKN is a fun and friendly environment for everyone, no matter what level of experience they have in front of an audience. After you present at PKN, you will want to do it again!
- Is this only for experienced presenters?
No. Anyone can sign up to speak at a PKN. Anyone. And our PKN Bemidji team is happy to help you put your ideas together.
Yes! PKN is for fun, not for profit.
- What is the cover charge/ticket price?
PKN is always free, fun, and family-friendly!
Amity Graphics, Red Zest Design, The Sanford Center, Kitchigami Regional Library Legacy, Glass Doctor of Bemidji, Green Janie, Garden of Edits, Blue Ox Marathon, Real Living First Realty.
Yes! Contact us for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- How did PKN start in Bemidji?
That’s a whole other blog article—coming soon!
- Tell me more about Pecha Kucha International.
There’s some good information here: http://www.pechakucha.org/faq
The PKN Internation blog is another good resource for all things PKN: http://www.pechakucha.org/daily
And this great book is available if you want to read more.
- How do you pronounce Pecha Kucha?
With Muppets, of course! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdghID66kLs
- What tools are available for creating my own pecha kucha?
We have a worksheet that is very helpful for putting everything together. Our PKN team is always available to help you with your presentation. Just send us an email! Info@pknbemidji.org.
- I don’t think I have anything to present about. My life is pretty ordinary.
Everyone has a unique experience and/or perspective to share about something. You can present. We would love to hear your story.
- I would like to be on your mailing list.
Just drop us a message on Facebook (PKN Bemidji), Twitter @pknBemidji, or email email@example.com.
- How many other PKN chapters are there?
As of January 15th, there are 727 chapters around the world!
There are two others in Minnesota, in Duluth and Minneapolis.
- What is a Pecha Kucha Night, in a nutshell?
PKN is a night of short stories and good conversations! Presentations consist of 20 images shown for 20 seconds each. Topics can be anything including but not limited to hobbies, travel, athletics, science, history, art, cooking, photography, volunteerism, and on and on. Check out our YouTube channel to see many of the past presentations. (link)
Here’s PKN International’s FAQ.
- Are you trying to sell me something?
Yes, we’re sure.
- Do you have any fun links pertaining to Pecha Kucha?
Yes! Check out these cool posters from all over the world!
Here’s an excellent article about PKN.
- I don’t want to present a PK, but can I volunteer at an event?
Yes! We need photographers, greeters, artists for the creative showcase, emcees, poster hangers, and people to spread the word about this fun community event! Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I would like to be in the creative showcase. Who should I talk to?
Jane Hastig or Heather Johnson. Send us an email email@example.com